October 10, 2011

Week 9: Closure

Teaching two algebra block classes, I forget to wrap up in my station. It never occurred to me that even doing small group work, I should still be doing a closure activity with students (duh...I know). Enter my focus for week 9.

My mentor gave me a list of closure activities that were actually practical to math. YAY! I, unfortunately, did not get to test run all of them. I stuck with the basic think-pair-share and summarizing key points aloud.

Right now we are on fall break, so I am thinking of ideas to incorporate more closure into my lessons. I am thinking I could do something like a bellwork at the end of the hour, except it would be focused solely on closure. I look forward to doing other less commonly used forms of closure, so this focus will continue in a couple weeks from now. In the meantime, I can relax. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment